Extend your Social Media Reach
Social media marketing is well past new or novel, and is now a pillar of any comprehensive digital marketing strategy. According to Statista, 2.46 billion people are active on social media channels in 2017, and this is projected to rise to over 3 billion by 2021. Extending your social media reach is clearly worth pursuing!
Practical Tips to help you Grow your Social Media Reach
Growing your audience on the busiest channels takes a bit of effort, but we’ve compiled a few tips to help.
The most popular social network offers a gargantuan audience (over 2 billion) of frequent users, and is well worth your efforts to cultivate, by:
- Posting content that is engaging, informative, relatable and worth sharing! If you can, be funny, or post touching stories that will elicit a positive response
- Ensuring that your content is easily shareable, even when it’s been discovered on another channel
- Contests and giveaways are popular, and be sure to celebrate the winners afterwards, it will build trust with your audience
- Don’t bombard your audience, cluttering up their news feeds with multiple daily posts will lead to un-follows
Grow your Flock on Twitter
- Tweets are less intrusive due to their brevity, so you can post more often without alienating your audience
- Follow and engage with influencers, especially those in your industry who have a great number of followers, by retweeting their material and starting conversations with them
- When you start a conversation, pay attention to keep it going; Twitter moves quickly, and if you ignore it for hours your convo may die a premature death
- Create thoughtful, significant tweets that will inspire others to retweet
- Use hashtags to weigh in on popular topics and spread your reach
You can certainly boost your social media reach by focussing on these two social giants, but there are other channels where your audience spends time. Do the research to determine where they are and include these channels in your social media strategy. As always, keep an eye on the metrics so that you know whether your investment is paying off, and make adjustments accordingly.
It does take time to accomplish. If you are too busy running your business to work on improving your social media reach, talk to us. We can develop and manage your social media marketing campaigns while you focus on your daily business.