Tweak your Email Marketing Campaign with these Tips
Email is one of the best ways to reach customers and a well run email marketing campaign can outperform almost any other marketing channel – if you do it right! Even better, when your email campaign operates in conjunction with other online strategies (social media marketing, ppc and seo), you can create an omni-channel digital marketing campaign that is hard to resist.
Let’s focus for today on how to craft an email marketing campaign that engages your audience and encourages them to further action. Incorporate a few of these tips into your next email, and see how it goes, and as always, measure your success. You won’t really know if there is an improvement unless you measure it.
- Always start with research. Find out what your audience wants to know, read or learn about, NOT what you want to tell them about.
- Personalize your email. Show that you understand who they are and what they like. Speak to them as a friend, so that you can begin to build a relationship based on trust and familiarity.
- Keep it short. Nobody wants to slog through too much text. Use links to encourage them to find out more, learn more, or GET more.
- Offer them a special reward. Keep readers engaged by giving a deal on something they want.
- Invite your email list to add you to their contacts – it will prevent your emails from being shunted into their junk folder.
Keep your audience happy by:
- Asking for feedback. Regularly invite them to tell you what they want to learn about, which products they like best or how you could improve your products and services. This info will inform your research and, an engaged customer is a repeat customer!
- Not overwhelming them with frequent correspondence. Daily emails will almost certainly annoy them.
- Making your unsubscribe option easy to find, and ensure it WORKS! There’s nothing more annoying than unsubscribing and then continuing to get emails for weeks afterwards.
Strengthen your email marketing campaign with these ideas, or give us a call, we can help you do so as part your overall digital marketing strategy.